About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Thursday, October 14, 2010

That's Amore!

Ciao!

As I said in my last blog entry last Tuesday night my roommates and I attended a pizza making workshop.  We signed up for this workshop a few weeks ago through Umbra.  There only take 15 students so we were very fortunate to sign up early enough.  We were all looking forward to this class since we signed up so once Tuesday came we couldn't contain our excitement anymore.

At 7 pm on Tuesday we met a few of the Umbra staff members to walk down to "Pizza e Musica", a local pizzeria here in Perugia.  I had never been there before but I heard rave reviews from the Umbra staff and some of my fellow classmates.  Once we arrived at the pizzeria we had a little history lesson on pizza.  We learned that it was supposedly created in Naples, Italy at the pizzeria Brandi (where we ate a few weeks ago!!).  Then we learned how to make a real Italian pizza from the pizzaiolo (pizza maker) at this pizzeria.  The pizzaiolo was from Naples so he knows all of the secrets!  We  learned about the oven that is used to make a pizza and a few students got to make a pizza or two.  I was not one of the students chosen to make a pizza but we all got to watch and learn so it was still a lot of fun.

The oven used to make the pizza..so cool!
One of my fellow LVCers Matt learning from our pizzaiolo
Rolling out the dough..by hand!!  
After we learned all about pizza it was time to eat!  We each ordered a pizza of our choice, I had the Perugina pizza which consists of red sauce, mozzarella cheese, and sausage.  It was really really good!  I'm not sure if I could make a pizza like they do here in Italy but I could try when I come home to the states.  I wish I could pack up a pizza or two and ship one to all of you in the US but unfortunately no one has invented the technology yet.  

After we stuffed ourselves with pizza we went back home to study for our Italian midterms which we all took this morning.  I feel as though I did pretty well and we get the results next week.  I also have three more midterms next week so hopefully they all go as well as Italian.  

Tomorrow I am off to Rome, Italy's capitol and a place I have wanted to visit for a very long time!  Myself along with 2 of my friends are going to visit the Colosseum, the Vatican City, and much much more.  I plan to study for my midterms on our 3 hour train ride to and from Rome and do a lot more studying once we return to Perugia on Sunday!  I will update sometime next week but it may not be until later in the week due to my midterm exams.  

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Italian word of the post (for you Dad):
    treno - train

Morgan :)




No comments:

Post a Comment