About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Monday, October 25, 2010

Hello from Prague, Czech Republic!!

Ciao!

After a very very long day of travelng I have arrived safely in Prague!  The journey from Salzburg was exhausting.  We had to take 4 trains, 1 bus, and 2 rides on the Prague metro system just to get to our hostel. 

We arrived here this evening around 7:30 pm then went around the city a little bit looking for a place to eat.  What did we find?!  SUBWAY!  It may not seem like a big deal but it is to us right now considering I have not seen a Subway since I left the US in September.  We also discovered a Starbucks Coffee cafe on our walk around the city as well.  Again, doesn't seem big but Italy and the rest of Europe do not know what a large cup of coffee is!  Needless to say I was pretty excited to see those 2 places here in Prague.  We are here for 3 nights so we plan to get the most out of this city as possible considering our short stay.  Tomorrow we are going to explore the city and maybe do a walking tour.  I am just so happy to be here right now after our crazy journey!  I will give the story of our journey here in another post once I get back to Perugia later this week.

Oh, and it seems we left Salzburg in the knick of time because when we were leaving this morning it was snowing!  There was a good bit of snow on the ground when we got on our first train out of Salzburg.  As I am not a fan of snow I was happy to be leaving when we did.  But this is the earliest I have ever seen snow and also my first time seeing it in a foreign country so it was kind of exciting.

I will update again soon!  I hope everyone has a wonderful start to their week!

I have switched languages once again so here is the Czech word of the post:
    Dobry den - Hello 

Morgan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment