About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Apparently I am a Healthy Eater Now

Ciao!

So today was my first full day here in Prague and I had a great day!  Besides the fact that the temperature was only in the 40s and it was quite windy we still had fun.  We started our morning by sleeping in a little bit since we are on vacation for the moment :) 

After we got up and moving we decided to go for a walk around the city.  We walked across Charles Bridge and entered the old town square.  The square was packed with people mostly because this is the spot all of the local tours have a meeting point.  When we made our way through the crowds we found there is a local food and spice festival here in Prague this week.  There were a lot of local food vendors and everything smelled amazing!  Since it was around lunch time Erin and I decided to have lunch at one of the vendors.  We ended up choosing the same vendor and got ourselves kielbasa.  The kielbasa was so good, it was huge and I ended up not being able to eat the whole thing. 

But now I give you the reason for this blog post title.  After eating said kielbasa I felt so sick.  And it wasn't just me, Erin felt the same way.  We realized the reason for our sick stomachs right away, we have not eaten that much meat since arriving in Europe almost 2 months ago.  Apparently Italy has made me into a healthy eater after all.  It'll be interesting to return to the US and see how I react then if I am reacting like this right now.

Needless to say, I had a chicken caesar salad for dinner.  I decided to be nice to my stomach this evening.  But I also wanted to try some more local cuisine so I ordered a side of mashed potatoes with sauerkraut along with my salad.  This was the best sauerkraut I have ever eaten!  I thought the stuff I eat at home is good but this kraut was heaven!  I want to pack it in my suitcase and take it home to PA with me.

After a long day of walking and eating Erin and I are both very tired.  It might be from traveling so much or from the cold weather but either way we are both wiped out!  Looks like it'll be an early night for the both of us :) 

I will update again soon!

Czech word of the post:
    Nashledanou - goodbye

Morgan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment