About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hello from Salzburg, Austria!!

Ciao!

Hello to everyone from beautiful Salzburg!  I arrived here this morning at 430 am after a 7 hour train ride from Venice, Italy.  It was a long ride but well worth it!  My roommate Erin and I are having a great time so far.

On Friday we spent the day in Venice.  We arrived at 530 am after a long train ride.  We were well rested because we had a sleeper car on the train there which was well worth it.  Venice was beautiful, it was packed with tourists but I have heard that is something you just have to get over.  We had a great day which is a rarity in Venice as it rains (and floods) a lot there.  But we had a whole day just to soak in the beauty of it all then that night we got on a night train to Salzburg.

Today, we went to a castle on top of a mountain here in Salzburg and the views were incredible.  It was like I just stepped into a painting.  We saw the sunset with the Alps as the backdrop and it was an amazing moment, I cant wait to put my pictures up once I get back to Perugia on Friday.  Tomorrow, we are doing the "Sound of Music" tour in the afternoon and I am so excited!  It is something I have always wanted to do and I cannot believe tomorrow is the day, ahh!  I am sure I will have way too many pictures from the tour so my camera is charging up as I write this.  And, before the tour we are watching the movie!  The hostel we are staying at shows the movie everyday at 1030 am.  It going to be a fun filled day of do re mi!

On Monday morning, we are off to Prague in the Czech Republic and spending 3 nights there.  Then on Thursday we are headed to Munich, Germany for one day and flying back to Italy on Friday morning.  Its going to be a crazy schedule but well worth it in the end I am sure!

I will update again soon!

Since I am not in Italy right now I introduce the German word of the post!
    Guten Morgen - Good Morning

Morgan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment