About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Perugia, Io Non Ti Dimentichero Mai (I Will Never Forget You)

Ciao!

So this is it, my final blog post from Perugia!  I cannot believe how fast these last 4 months have gone by!  I have had the best semester and it still doesn't feel like I am leaving.  I feel like I'm just going on another weekend trip and I will be back in Perugia by Sunday night, but of course this is not the case.  By this time tomorrow I will be flying over the pond to the US of A!  I'm sure it won't hit me that I'm actually going home until I land in Washington DC. 

Last night was our last "real" night in our apartment because we are leaving tonight at 1 am from Perugia.  So to spend our last night in Italy what did we do?...we ate a lot of Italian food!!  We went to a tiny restaurant here in Perugia where all of the food is prepared by one woman and it takes about 3 hours to eat there.  It was so delicious!  I had my last bowl of gnocchi, baked potatoes in olive oil, and plenty of bread!  We definitely went out with a bang and we all had a major "food coma" after that last meal.  After dinner we went over to my friend Breanne's apartment to play card games and just talk and eat some more.  We all got teary eyed as we realized this was our last night in Perugia.  Luckily Breanne is going on the bus tonight so I will be able to say goodbye at the airport very early in the morning.

I am sorry to cut this post short but I must finish packing, eating, and saying goodbye!  Tonight we have a farewell dinner from Umbra then it's off to the bus at midnight!  We will arrive at the Rome airport around 3:30 am and then I have to wait with my travel buddies until our flight to DC leaves at 10:45 am.  I will be home in Harrisburg around 6 pm Eastern time on Friday night!  I can't wait to see you all and share all of my wonderful experiences with you :)  Next time I post I will be home!!

Italian word of the post:
    arrivederci - goodbye (formal)

Morgan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment