About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Monday, December 20, 2010

I Have Been Changed For Good

Ciao!

Well, I am home safe and sound in Pa!  I got home Friday night right on time without any problems!  I made it through customs without any issues and all of my flights went well.  But I have to admit, it's hard for me to be home sometimes.  When I landed in Harrisburg I was so excited to see my family and I thought I wasn't going to be sad about leaving Italy and more specifically Perugia.  But when I got to my house it really hit me that I wasn't going back to Perugia any time soon and I wasn't going to see my new friends for a while.  It was really hard but after talking and texting my Perugia roommates I realized they are going through the same feelings.  We cried together and told each other that we would see each other soon enough and we are all only a skype call away from one another!  I know I will never forget any of the people I met over these last 4 months and we will continue to be good friends for years to come!  I also found a song that helped me get through these first few days of being home.  There is a song from the musical "Wicked" that explains how much this experience and all of the people I met mean to me.  Here are some lines from the song "For Good"....

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you....

It well may be
That we will never meet again in this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a hand print on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend....

Because I knew you
I have been changed for good


I have been changed by all of the people I have met this semester and I will never forget any of you.  You have touched me in a very special way and trust me we will see each other again!  I promised myself that I will see you all again someday.  Whether we have a big reunion in Colorado or you all come to Pa, we'll see each other again, no worries!

Now I should probably get back to doing laundry, wrapping Christmas presents, and catching up on episodes of "The Office".  I have also started making a slide show of my entire Italy experience so hopefully I can get that done before Christmas Eve!  I can't believe Christmas is only 5 days away!  I will update again once more challenges with re-entry arise. 

Oh, and before I go I would just like to ask everyone to pray for one of my fellow Perugia roommates and 3 other Umbra students who are still stuck in London because of the snow storm.  They will hopefully get a flight out on Christmas Eve but hopefully they can find one home before then.

Italian word of the post:
    fiocco di neve - snowflake

Morgan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment