About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Thursday, September 9, 2010

My heart is in PA

Ciao!

I cannot believe I have been in Italy for a week already.  It has been a tough week in more ways than one.  Today we finished our intensive Italian studies and my brain is so tired of comprehending Italian.  I am catching on pretty quickly (thank you 3 years of Spanish) but its still difficult at times.  On Monday we start our elective classes here at Umbra and I am so ready.  I need a set schedule in my life right now..more than anything.

It has also been a tough transition to living in Italy.  I was told this first few weeks would be difficult and those people were right!  I have been experiencing so many emotions within this first week and my body is just ready for a 3 day weekend already.

But I know tomorrow will be a tough day for me.  My dad is having a kidney transplant tomorrow and it is extremely difficult for me to not be home with my family right now.  I know everything will be fine but my heart will be in PA tomorrow.  If everyone could say a prayer tomorrow it will be greatly appreciated by all!  I love you dad and just know I will be thinking about you tomorrow :)

And if you haven't already, please sign an organ donor card today!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.  As for me I will be walking around Perugia exploring and eating gelato!  Many more pictures to come next week!

Italian word of the post:
    amore - love
    
Morgan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment