About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Sunday, September 5, 2010

My First Few Days in Perugia

Ciao Everyone!

I am finally getting over the jet lag and am ready to start classes!  This coming week we have an entire week devoted to intensive Italian.  One professor told us yesterday it is like Rosetta Stone in 4 days.  I can't wait to finally learn this language that I have been hearing for over 2 days now, and maybe have a conversation with the locals.On September 13th we will start our regular classes. 

Yesterday, I moved into my apartment here in Perugia.  I am living with 7 other girls so needless to say we were all a little bit worried about how much space (and how many bathrooms) we were going to have.  But we hit the jackpot!  Our apartment has 3 floors, 2 girls living in the basement, 3 on the first floor, and 3 of us (including me) on the top floor.  Each floor has a bathroom complete with shower, sink, and all of that good stuff.  There are only 2 double rooms, the rest of us have singles.  I have a small single room with a view and I love it!  And because we have all of this space I believe we're going to have to host Thanksgiving dinner for our American friends.  The only bad thing is we have no internet, none of the apartments do, luckily I am sitting in my school computer lab right now typing this so posts may be about once a week. 

After moving in, we had time to experience Perugia herself.  I love this small city, it's filled with many cute shops, supermarkets, and restaurants.  Then we got to see the view of the entire area!  But first you must know Perugia is situated on a mountain and the streets are made of cobblestone and go up and down the entire way.  It makes for some incredible views!  I will try and post pictures as soon as I can, possible sometime later in the week.  But just know that Italy is more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!  I cannot believe I will be able to experience this country until December!

Right now, my roommates and I are trying to figure out where we want to travel during our semester here.  Some of us have already signed up with the school trip to Capri, Naples, and Sorrento at the end of September!  I have been told by many people to visit Capri, and I am so glad my 3 day weekend trip there is already planned out!  So September 24th...Capri here we come :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day and to my LVC friends I will be going to class tomorrow just like you!  Also, instead of quotes maybe I can try to teach you all some Italian.  Here is my Italian word of the post..enjoy!

Prego - you're welcome

Morgan :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment