About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

5 Things

Hello Everyone!

So tomorrow is the big day!  At this time tomorrow I will be on my way to the airport then I will take a flight to Chicago.  After a 4 hour layover in Chicago I will board my 10 hour flight to Rome!  I am so excited, nervous, anxious, and a lot of other emotions too.  I still cannot believe that the day has finally come for me to leave.  I know it won't feel real until I see that sign for my flight to Rome. 

So before I leave the USA for almost 4 months I would like to share some things that I am going to miss about my home country.  And also some things I'm looking forward to seeing/doing in Italy.

5 things I will miss....

1. My family - I have never been away from my family for this long and I know I am going to miss you all so much!  I wish everyone could accompany me on this adventure.

2. My LVC family - This past Monday I went to my school to say goodbye to my roomies and friends.  It was so hard knowing that they will no longer be just down the hall from me.  I won't be able to run in their rooms and share important news or get texts asking what time we're going to dinner.  I love you girls!

3. Driving - I realized the other day that I will not drive for almost 4 months!  No more jamming out to the radio or going on rides with my friends for a Sonic run.  I just hope I don't drive on the other side of the road when I come home in December.

4. American TV - I have to admit that I will miss my American television shows.  I am going to miss the America's Got Talent finale, The Office, and the show that NBC can't stop previewing..The Event.  Someone will have to keep me posted what's going on with all of these shows.

5. American food - Although I cannot wait to taste real Italian food I will miss my American food. 

5 things I can't wait to see/do in Italy....

1. Gelato - I am so excited to have my very first real Italian gelato!  I will let you all know how amazing it is!

2. Travel Europe - Traveling around Europe is so cheap!  You can take the train to almost anywhere and there's an airline that has very inexpensive tickets.  I want to go to Paris and Austria so badly, so we will see!

3. The Colosseum - I can't even begin to imagine how large this structure is so it will be a once in a lifetime experience to see the Colosseum!

4. Perugia - The town where I will be studying and living!  I have seen pictures and it looks so beautiful!  I'm sure its even more amazing in person.

5. Towns in Italy - I plan to travel around Italy!  I want to experience as much of the country as possible.  I hope to go to Capri and Florence for starters.

So now I must go finish packing everything into 2 suitcases!  I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and that I can sleep on my long flight to Rome.  I will update as soon as I can!  As promised, here is another quote to end this post

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
         -Mahatma Ghandi
Morgan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment