About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We're Off to See the Wizard..Harry Potter That is

Ciao!

Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for since mid October!  Myself, along with four of my fellow Umbra students will be leaving tomorrow night from Rome to London!  We are taking a train tomorrow afternoon to the Rome airport and our flight leaves for London at 9 pm.  We will get to London around 10:30 London time (we have to change time zones).

The main reason we are going to London is for the release of the movie Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.  We have booked our tickets for the movie and will be seeing it Saturday morning at a movie theater just outside the city.  We also have some other plans besides Harry Potter.  On Friday we are planning to visit an exhibit on the Titanic currently being held in London.  This is one of the biggest showcases of the Titanic in the world and it's supposed to be amazing.  Since we are all big Titanic fans as well we will be seeing this on Friday afternoon.  We are also planning to see some of London's famous sights including Westminster Abbey and the Tower Bridge on Saturday after the movie. 

I went to London almost 6 years ago and I am so happy to be going back!  It was one of my favorite cities when I went and it will be so cool to go back.  It's also going to be nice to speak English for 3 days!  But I am sure all of us will be saying "grazie" (thank you) and "ciao" (hello) as we are so used to it by now.  It's going to be so hard to break that habit.

Today is also a sad day for all of us here at Umbra.  Today marks one month until we leave this beautiful city.  I will be home one month from today and I can't believe how fast time has flown.  I am trying to treasure everyday as I am really going to miss this city so much.  I am also going to miss the many people I have spent the last 4 months with.  It's going to be hard to say goodbye to my roommates and the many friends I have made here in Perugia.  But for now I am just trying to stay positive and enjoy every single moment I have left here.  Don't get me wrong it will be nice to come home to PA.  I can't wait to see my family, friends, and pets as I miss you all so much!!  And I can't wait to see you all in only 30 days :)

I hope everyone has a nice weekend and I will update sometime next week on my trip to London!

Italian word of the post:
    aeroporto - airport

Morgan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment