About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at Lebanon Valley College majoring in psychology. I love traveling and during the 2010 Fall semester I will be studying in Perugia, Italy. "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving in Perugia!

Ciao!

I hope everyone back home had a wonderful Thanksgiving day!  I hope you all ate too much and enjoyed watching the parade or the football game of your choice.  Even though I am in Italy, I was able to live stream the Macy's Parade on the internet and watch a half an hour of it and I also ate way too much!

On Thanksgiving night after we had all finished our classes for the day a group of us met at my friend Matt and Kaitlin's apartment to have our Thanksgiving dinner.  There were about 15 of us, including Matt's parents, sister, and grandmother who came over from Long Island, New York to spend a few days with Matt on their Thanksgiving breaks.

The menu included lemon chicken, green bean casserole, baked corn, mashed potatoes, homemade applesauce, stuffing, cranberry sauce, steamed vegetables, and 4 different desserts.  I think it's safe to say we all ate way too much but it was the best meal I have had in a long time.  It was also nice to be around my Perugia family that day as many of us including myself were really homesick that day.  It was definitely a Thanksgiving day I will never forget.

Here are some pictures of our meal....

My plate....

Breanne with her amazing baked corn....

Kym's apple pie for dessert....

It's hard to believe but I will home in less than 3 weeks!!  This Tuesday night we have a meeting here at Umbra to discuss our transition back to America.  It's odd to think I will have to be readjusted to a place I have lived all of my life.  But this meeting is the first step to leaving Perugia :(

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and I will update again soon!

Italian word of the post:
    tacchino - turkey

Morgan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment